(Note: As usual, I started this post last night, set it aside for a little while, and fell asleep before finishing it. Since that’s the case, anything after about the halfway point of the list below I’m filling in this morning. Also, OMG the typos, because I was struggling to stay awake while I typed the first part of this to begin with.)
Okay, so first off: Gaemes.
I’m still extremely far down the rabbit hole with FFXIV, so that is delaying a bunch of other plans I’d made. I’ll post a full profile of my character at some point, but the short, short version of it is that she’s an import of my Dragon Age 2 Hawke. As the Champion of Kirkwall, Ria (Marian “Ria” Lousia Hawke) defended the mages and first indirectly (though later more directly) supported Anders’s actions at the end of DA2. She’s an extremely loving and loyal person, but by no means a good one. Loving but selfish and somewhat extreme? Also snarky to a fault and obsessed with hats specifically and dressing up to absurd occasion in general. Yeah… That sounds about right.
Anyway, I’ve finished the main A Realm Reborn main story quests with her and I’m maybe… 1/2 way to entering Heavensward, based on world of mouth. But in spite of not even entering Heavensward, I did jump at the chance to buy the next expansion for the new jobs available–especially Samurai, which I’ve become very fond of. Much of it plays similar to my previous Ninja job, but since monk is the most-related class (not prereq class tho, thank god) the job is much sturdier than ninja. Which… kind of sucks, because Rogue and later Ninja are more true to Ria’s fighting style. But I found an awesome coat for pug/mnk/sam in the Gold Saucer that just looks amazing and that flows quite well with how she always wants to look her best.
As for other games? Brian (@chii_dev) has finally gotten to the point in FFXV where he’s used the boat to get to Altissia, something I’ve been begging him for months do. He also appears to be done with all the Altissia hunts, something I was incapable of doing on my first save. He’s since, however, returned to Lucius using Umbra, so I kind of doubt he’ll be going through the summit or the summoning of Leviathan any time soon. But hey… at least he finally got on the boat after all?
Back to me, though: EPISODE PROMPTO IS OUT TONIGHT/TOMORROW MORNING! (Next-morning continuing-update note: see? This is out of date already thanks to falling asleep before finishing!) I fully expect to be, and will severely disappointed if I’m not, sobbing like a child throughout this episode. All other scheduling things aside, this is going to be my first priority of all game things possible for the next few days. And, yes, I’ll be streaming it on Twitch as I go, then exporting to YouTube later, most likely on easy mode as I did with the main game and Gladio, because I want to see the game, not sit there swearing for 20 minutes at something I can’t kill.
Speaking of my Twitch and YouTube? I’m pretty sure I’m going to erase all or most of my FFXV files on those sites and start fresh when I go into my second NG+ (one without the #PrinceSpaceman save). That way I can skip as many hunts as possible that can take up extra play time that no one is really interested in. Side quests I’ll still do, and any hunts mandatory to them, but not hunts for the sake of hunts.
Finally, the rest of my to-do list so far as games and related media go. I think these might be in order at the moment, but I’m not certain yet so the orders may have changed.
- Continue ARR into Ishgard and beyond
- Finish FFXV as PrinceSpacememan
- I Am Setsua
- DA Re-Everything (though possibly skipping the early books, since those have been hard to focus on).
- Restart as “serious” save of FFXV
- etc, etc, cause I don’t have my usual to-do list with me and while I think I have everything significant here, there’s almost always something I’ve missed. Not that the list is entirely relevant at the moment, since I’m focusing now on very short-term goals.
- Finish The Clone Wars, start Rebels.
- Catch up on Fashion Week(s), which one again I seem to have missed the beginnings of.
- Lose weight, or at least lose enough weight to get my rings off so I can move them to a necklace. Because holy cow my fingers are so swollen I can’t do anything about them–even the string method can’t work at this point.
- I’m on duolingo now doing their new Japanese program. It’s only on mobile, not on browsers yet, but it’s still been a great help for me, as a refresher in and to build upon the little bit of Japanese I’d learned years ago. For someone with no background in Japanese, though, I’d probably suggest using it as a supplement to other lessons instead of an only source. It gives you the whats of what it’s teaching you, and it doesn’t give you any whys as you go. This extends all the way down to hiragana vs katakana existing side by side. You learn that both あ and ア are read as “a” but no one tells you why that is, what situations you do and don’t use each for, etc. There are kanji with multiple readings (specifically, 中) that are pronounced one way in every flashcard, but another way in almost every in context example. And again? No explanation for the different readings and usage. Oh! And in spite of mobile being an excellent opportunity for this, there isn’t any option (yet?) to let us learn to write, however poorly, in Japanese using the touch screen to trace out characters.
Anyway, enough too-late and too-early blathering for now. I’m going to pick up and do at least half of this morning’s lessons then get on FFXIV for a while. As I said, I should be to Heavensward soon, and I have to get to and through that if I’m ever going to get up to Stormblood’s content in the next year.