While I have spent the last few days literally offline thanks to feeling rough, I’m not really referring to that at the moment. Rather, I’m talking the not only few games that I’ve streamed from my PS4, but also FFXIV as well. I’m still gaming, for the most part, but it’s been on my shiny SNESClassic. I’ve only put real time into Zelda so far, which I finished about a week ago (adulting means playing only two days a week at the moment, so not bad time at all).
I’m holding off on a lot of the other stuff on purpose, though: I’ve made it extremely clear that I want a capture card for Christmas this year, and when I get that I’ll be playing the other, more significant games on the system on streams. Well, that means I have to fight my way through setting up OBS properly, but Twitch itself looks like it has tutorials for that so instead of muddling through like I tried before I’ll use those to try and get it set right.
Anyway… yeah. I’ll get some more The Wolf Among Us in sooner or later (streaming), and I’ll be back on FFXIV hopefully this weekend since I’m almost at the end of Heavensward (not streaming). FFXV Comrades is coming soon (stream, but also PSN = BrennaCeDria to join me!), and I still have about half of FFXV to replay for my plot-only streams (including the extra chapter 12 content!). I also have, of all things, Hatoful Boyfriend since it was a PS+ game, and I’ll probably play that online, too. So I have plenty to play between now and my birthday. (At which point a hopefully very special game will be out to add to my list. ^_^ Again, PSN = BrennaCeDria to join me.)
First, Important Stuff™: The Caribbean has been hit by Irma far harder than any of us anywhere in the US will be. If you can, pick one of the charities at the bottom right of this page and throw a buck their way. If they ask, specify that you’d like the donation to go to the Caribbean in general, or any of the specific areas impacted, rather than to a general donation fund. (Also I’d avoid the Red Cross if possible; they’re tied for last on accountability and stuff. I think Direct Relief has the highest rating for percentage of funds actually being distributed to helping, rather than going to administrative costs and stuff.)
Okay, personal stuff: Irma’s way out still and won’t even be touching Florida until… midday tomorrow? …but still she’s already inching away from my area bit by bit and we won’t have any effects here until I’m guessing overnight Sunday-Monday? We were originally down for a direct hit but the track has pushed just west of us that I barely expect a power outage. I mean, we only had one very brief outage with Matthew, and that actually was a hurricane when it came onshore barely north of us.
Of course I say that and now she’ll swing back east at us because I have.
Regardless of what she does or doesn’t do, the entire area is still under a mandatory evacuation starting tomorrow morning. I don’t even consider going anywhere for less than a medium-or-higher category three storm, partially because someone needs to be here to assess the post-storm for work but mostly because I’m massively overconfident when it comes to bad weather of any kind. No joke, most of my life I’ve actively believed I’ll go down from a lightning strike, and that doesn’t really frighten me.
So… either way? I’ll be here. Here at home, here online (again, just like last year). I might spend time streaming; I confirmed last time that the lag in my twitch chat is too much to ask people to crowd-play TWAU with me, but I can still play it in general and anyone who’s stuck home but has a connection can watch that if they want. I’m sure I’ll do at least episode two over the next few days. Or other games, or offline games, idk.
I’ll post if anything changes around here, and if anyone is bored I’ll be around to chat.
So, a few things, I guess? Basically, work’s been absurdly chaotic for about a month now. I’ve been able to get in some of my anime/tv time as planned, and I got through a first playthrough of Episode Gladiolus, but other than those I’m more or less asleep before I even get home so very little’s been done on any other front. Well, I did catch up FFXV to the back-to-streaming point last… Sunday? …but I’m going to try to put that down while I catch up on Dragon Age stuff. Once I get another few posts to the Re-Everything in, I’ll go back to alternating the two. And the Re-Everything? I’m planning to get one more post up for that by this next chapter of The Stolen Throne. So, tomorrow or Sunday, so long as I can stay awake long enough to type something up.
Let’s see what else was I meaning to include here?
My new hair dye came in yesterday, so I’m going to get Brian to help me with that this weekend. Before and after pics to follow. I went this morning to delete my LJ, since I’ve been planning to do that anyway, and found it already deleted. I guess some admin somewhere saw me post about planning to do so, and did it for me? Either way, that site comes off the “where to find me” posts I have everywhere now. I might replace it with Dreamwidth, but I don’t think I used it enough to need a replacement. I’ll update everything if I decide otherwise.
Crap, I swear I had more to post when I opened up this window. I guess whatever for now…
tl;dr: life is hectic, I’m sleeping more than getting me-things done, but I’ll catch up eventually.
It’s taken longer than I thought it would as of my last post, but I finally caught up on so much of my to-do list!
- Caught up completely on Flash, including the Supergirl crossover music episode!
- Finished the Collection Six of Fairy Tail! (And oh god, is Key to the Starry Sky horrible. O.O At least we’re finally getting to the final act of it, with the Reborn Oracion Seis finally revealed.
- Finished ALL BUT ONE dungeon in FFXV that I needed to do prior to restarting my streams.
- (Almost) done tinkering with OBS for PC streaming when I get ready to start Leliana’s Song and then later DA:O.
- (Also almost) done prepping mods on DA:O for when I get to that part of my Re-Everything.
New and continuing things to do:
- Pick up more of Stolen Throne.
- Start I Am Setsuna.
- Catch up on Voltron (halfway through S2?) and Clone Wars (2/3 way through S3).
- Start Collection 7 of Fairy Tail!
- FFXV Episode Gladiolus and the Chapter 13 update! I’ve been openly terrified of the Chapter 13 update, because I actually adored that sequence it as it was (even with the fact that the plot points revealed were more than slightly confusing). But there’s a trailer out for it (and for a bit of Gladio’s episode, and that’s put me very much at ease. I’m not entirely comfortable with it, and won’t be until I play it for myself, but I’m less nervous than I was before. Especially since it looks like it’s a semi-side entry, not a completely reworked, integrated change. I’m putting the video below, since video embeds inside lists don’t really work well; the vid itself has both Chapter 13 stuff and other March Update stuff. I personally don’t think it’s terribly spoilery, but YMMV.
Regardless of when I start streaming the rest of FFXV (chapter 9 through the end), I’ll be streaming Episode Gladio regardless. I don’t have a schedule for that, but it will be done.
Don’t mind me; I’m just updating my list for the week-ish. I finished A King’s Tale, and started Stolen Throne, so those two items are checked off from my last list. What’s left:
- Continue hunts & side quests in FFXV, then do those other two Imperial bases and start streaming again.
- Continue Stolen Throne and post more about that. Doing three chapters on that first post worked well, so while I’m still not setting a firm “gotta do this much before a post, no more no less” (cause if I do that, it’s not going to flow) at the same time three chapters is a nice, manageable amount so that may end up being the average.
- Start I Am Setsuna.
- Finish the episodes of Fairy Tail I currently have, which is the Blu-Ray set Collection 6. Which, unfortunately… is the Key to the Starry Sky arc. I’m taking it better than Brian is, because I know spoilers that put some of it into context, but that doesn’t mean the arc hasn’t started slower and more awkward than the Oracion Seis did.
- Order Collection 7 to follow this one up with. It’ll still have some of KttSS, but it also starts the Grand Magic Games!
- Tinker with OBS.
- Alternately, win obnoxious amounts of money and go out the easy way & buy the Ripsaw or something. Especially since I could use that on non-PS4 consoles, too. Oh, and if I did win obnoxious amounts of money, put a significant portion of it to good use. That’s one of those things that should be obvious, but who knows.
- Catch up on: Flash (1st priority), Voltron season 2 (2nd priority), and Supergirl (3rd priority).
- As for Arrow and Legends, I like them, but they aren’t the same as Flash and Supergirl.
Um… That’ll do for now. I’ll only get through maybe half of this in the next week-ish, but I’m working my way through. It’s not like I want to have nothing to do. I think I’ll start with Fairy Tail and reading, then see how far I can get from there.
This isn’t a list of things for today specifically; rather, just for the immediate-yet-still-undefined future. In no specific order:
- Finish A King’s Tale (stream it)
- Start Stolen Throne
- Finish current hunts/side quests in FFXV so I can take over the 2nd and 3rd Imperial bases and advance the story some more
- Start streaming FFXV again with the… 3rd base? I think I left off streaming on the 2nd one last time.
- Start I Am Setsuna (stream it?)
- Try and figure out OBS settings that will actually work on my computer, so I can hopefully stream the game parts of the DA Re-Everything
Can anyone think of anything similar I should work on?
I thought I’d get back here sooner than this, but having four days off for my birthday actually turned into doing things instead of just being at home with time to spare. Not any sort of big things; just lunch out, going to the mall to get more Pop!s with a gift card and roaming town in general, then dinner out the day of. Then random errands and Cake Night the rest of the weekend. But still, more time out than home, which means more time not on FFXV than on it.
Right now? I’m trudging through all the hunts as of Chapter 3. Even though I know this time that if I leave and come back, they’ll be there when I do, I can’t help but to clear up as many of them as possible before moving on. That means doing everything available before entering the Leville and meeting Iris, otherwise Noct’s headaches will start and the Plot will be Advanced. Which I can’t let happen, because I’m doing hunts. I need to let Brian play some anyway, though, so maybe I’ll have him do that and put off some of my game for him to have time with it instead. I’ve been trying to find stuff like the Cosmogony books and other lore online that I can drip feed him as he goes without spoiling anything; that way when he gets to Those Parts of the Game, he’ll have some background for what the hell is going on. I was able to send him most of the “ancient” history stuff without worrying about spoilers. Two of the sections needed removing, but the rest was fine. He went through those, and I’m pretty sure he has questions but doesn’t know what to ask that I won’t freeze up on and accidentally spoil by how I do or don’t answer.
Another thing that can work out if I pass the game to Brian is starting on the DA Re-Everything. The first two parts of that are books so I won’t need the game room for it, and/or I can sit with Brian and read while he plays. And, if I decide to include Gleam’s comic, that’s a third part that I can do that isn’t a game. This is probably how I should and probably will work this project out, so now I just need to figure out what kind of post format to use for it and get started. I’m going to work on that, then get a start on The Stolen Throne.