First, Important Stuff™: The Caribbean has been hit by Irma far harder than any of us anywhere in the US will be. If you can, pick one of the charities at the bottom right of this page and throw a buck their way. If they ask, specify that you’d like the donation to go to the Caribbean in general, or any of the specific areas impacted, rather than to a general donation fund. (Also I’d avoid the Red Cross if possible; they’re tied for last on accountability and stuff. I think Direct Relief has the highest rating for percentage of funds actually being distributed to helping, rather than going to administrative costs and stuff.)
Okay, personal stuff: Irma’s way out still and won’t even be touching Florida until… midday tomorrow? …but still she’s already inching away from my area bit by bit and we won’t have any effects here until I’m guessing overnight Sunday-Monday? We were originally down for a direct hit but the track has pushed just west of us that I barely expect a power outage. I mean, we only had one very brief outage with Matthew, and that actually was a hurricane when it came onshore barely north of us.
Of course I say that and now she’ll swing back east at us because I have.
Regardless of what she does or doesn’t do, the entire area is still under a mandatory evacuation starting tomorrow morning. I don’t even consider going anywhere for less than a medium-or-higher category three storm, partially because someone needs to be here to assess the post-storm for work but mostly because I’m massively overconfident when it comes to bad weather of any kind. No joke, most of my life I’ve actively believed I’ll go down from a lightning strike, and that doesn’t really frighten me.
So… either way? I’ll be here. Here at home, here online (again, just like last year). I might spend time streaming; I confirmed last time that the lag in my twitch chat is too much to ask people to crowd-play TWAU with me, but I can still play it in general and anyone who’s stuck home but has a connection can watch that if they want. I’m sure I’ll do at least episode two over the next few days. Or other games, or offline games, idk.
I’ll post if anything changes around here, and if anyone is bored I’ll be around to chat.
So, a few things, I guess? Basically, work’s been absurdly chaotic for about a month now. I’ve been able to get in some of my anime/tv time as planned, and I got through a first playthrough of Episode Gladiolus, but other than those I’m more or less asleep before I even get home so very little’s been done on any other front. Well, I did catch up FFXV to the back-to-streaming point last… Sunday? …but I’m going to try to put that down while I catch up on Dragon Age stuff. Once I get another few posts to the Re-Everything in, I’ll go back to alternating the two. And the Re-Everything? I’m planning to get one more post up for that by this next chapter of The Stolen Throne. So, tomorrow or Sunday, so long as I can stay awake long enough to type something up.
Let’s see what else was I meaning to include here?
My new hair dye came in yesterday, so I’m going to get Brian to help me with that this weekend. Before and after pics to follow. I went this morning to delete my LJ, since I’ve been planning to do that anyway, and found it already deleted. I guess some admin somewhere saw me post about planning to do so, and did it for me? Either way, that site comes off the “where to find me” posts I have everywhere now. I might replace it with Dreamwidth, but I don’t think I used it enough to need a replacement. I’ll update everything if I decide otherwise.
Crap, I swear I had more to post when I opened up this window. I guess whatever for now…
tl;dr: life is hectic, I’m sleeping more than getting me-things done, but I’ll catch up eventually.
Don’t mind me; I’m just updating my list for the week-ish. I finished A King’s Tale, and started Stolen Throne, so those two items are checked off from my last list. What’s left:
- Continue hunts & side quests in FFXV, then do those other two Imperial bases and start streaming again.
- Continue Stolen Throne and post more about that. Doing three chapters on that first post worked well, so while I’m still not setting a firm “gotta do this much before a post, no more no less” (cause if I do that, it’s not going to flow) at the same time three chapters is a nice, manageable amount so that may end up being the average.
- Start I Am Setsuna.
- Finish the episodes of Fairy Tail I currently have, which is the Blu-Ray set Collection 6. Which, unfortunately… is the Key to the Starry Sky arc. I’m taking it better than Brian is, because I know spoilers that put some of it into context, but that doesn’t mean the arc hasn’t started slower and more awkward than the Oracion Seis did.
- Order Collection 7 to follow this one up with. It’ll still have some of KttSS, but it also starts the Grand Magic Games!
- Tinker with OBS.
- Alternately, win obnoxious amounts of money and go out the easy way & buy the Ripsaw or something. Especially since I could use that on non-PS4 consoles, too. Oh, and if I did win obnoxious amounts of money, put a significant portion of it to good use. That’s one of those things that should be obvious, but who knows.
- Catch up on: Flash (1st priority), Voltron season 2 (2nd priority), and Supergirl (3rd priority).
- As for Arrow and Legends, I like them, but they aren’t the same as Flash and Supergirl.
Um… That’ll do for now. I’ll only get through maybe half of this in the next week-ish, but I’m working my way through. It’s not like I want to have nothing to do. I think I’ll start with Fairy Tail and reading, then see how far I can get from there.