Sooo… Happy Thanksgiving, for those in the States. And happy Multiple Days Off Work if you’re lucky enough to have a job that gives you these days off. I’ve had jobs that give these days and jobs that don’t, and if you have one that doesn’t give you time off please be careful driving (especially openers), don’t skip eating to keep up your energy (even if it means just one bite at a time in the back room), keep lots of Advil, etc, on hand (your co-workers will thank you!), and remember:
Just because you have to pretend the customer is always right, that doesn’t mean they are. If they’re “just” dumb and rude, grin and bear it. If they’re being abusive, call them out on it in any way that won’t lose you your job. Or maybe a way that will lose you your job. You know your situation, including if you can afford that risk. …Okay, that went on a tangent. (I do that sometimes.) The point was, they aren’t always right; you already know that just from normal days at work. Try not to let them get to you. If it helps (and this always helped me, even at the apartment complex) make up stories about those assholes as the day goes on. Funny stories. Mean stories. Whatever. It can be a good distraction. (But maybe don’t let your manager in on it, unless they’re the kind to help out.)
But hey, it’s Thanksgiving, right? So I guess I should give at least some thanks:
- Brian, for putting up with all. of. my. bullshit. And I mean all of it. So much bullshit. Thanks, love.
- My cats, for keeping me warm when Brian takes the covers.
- My new job, for being a healthy environment. I never hold hard feelings against my last one, but it wasn’t healthy and I wasn’t healthy because of it.
- People in the gym who clean the damned equipment properly.
- Also, people in the gym the same height as me, because it means I don’t have to adjust the seats and such in the timed circuit room.
- Um… a preemptive thankfulness for the three pairs of jeans I’ve had since 2012, only one of which I’ve ever actually worn, because when I lose about five more pounds and can fit them I’ll have ~$75 of “new” clothes that I won’t have to spend a dime on. Cause seriously, there aren’t a lot of dimes to go around and saving that much money is one of the best things right now.
Um… Damn. Okay, so I made the mistake of not finishing this post before going to the gym, and since then I’ve had breakfast, played games, napped, and had my official Thanksgiving dinner. That said, I forgot everything else I was planning on writing. Oops.
Anyway, enjoy your Thanksgiving; try to enjoy the weekend whether you’re off work or not, and take care of yourself especially if you’re working. If you go out shopping, don’t be a dick. I guess that’s really all there is to it.
Currently Playing: Stardew Valley (Mountain-Type farm) and Skyrim. Both on Switch this time.
Currently Reading: none at the moment (planning to re-read Good Omens once Brian finishes it)
Currently Watching: The Good Place
Listening To: AltNation on XM Radio (channel 36?), since there’s a free period this week. It’s basically the same as the Google Play station I linked in my October post.