I have errands I’m running right now, but odds are Prince Spaceman will pick up at the beginning of chapter 9 in FFXV later today. (Hopefully Prince Spaceman will have an easier time with that chapter than Noct did on my original game.) Gaming will depend somewhat on how I’m feeling after an appointment I have, but I think I’ll be okay.
Now then, when I stream will depend on whether or not I go see King Arthur this afternoon or not. I have no expectations other seeing Charlie Hunnam, so I think I’ll probably enjoy it even if it is bad. But again, it’ll depend on how I’m feeling. Feeling rough = go home & game earlier; feeling okay = go to movie and game after.
This time, it’s FFXIV. I played the betas for both the original and ARR, and I loved the second especially, but never got a chance to actually sign up for the full game. Well, thanks to a certain asshole, I set everything up last night.
Well, not everything yet. I haven’t actually set my character up, because as of typing this it’s 8AM and I was up until 2-ish last night getting the client updated and such. Also, Brian and I have to get his account and character set up because a) if I’m going down he’s going with me; even if he wasn’t willing, he’d be forced into it for forcing me into DCU:O years ago and b) I need my healer, and he’s my healer. At least Brian’s PS4 client is already up to date; the software itself was still in our library from the beta or a trial or something, so we just have to activate his service account.
So! What will we be doing, and where? I’m told by the above-referenced asshole that our server is going to be Sargantanas. It kind of defeats the purpose of being
bullied encouraged to start the game but then don’t get on the same server, so Sargantanas it is. Then again, it could also be a kind of funny? Not funny enough to actually do considering my current sleep-deprived state. Anyway. I’ll be starting in Ul’dah, though I don’t know if I’m going to start with gladiator or pugilist. I know gladiator is going to be quicker overall for me, but I’m going to need pugilist leveled eventually to pair with the rogue I’m going to switch to at the first chance I get.
You know. ‘Cause ninjas.
Brian I’m assuming will be in Gridania, because of 99% chance he’s going to go healer. God, I hope he goes healer. If he doesn’t then that’s going to be awkward. I’ll meet up with him once I unlock rogue.
Anyway, I’ll post names/portraits/other details up when we have all that set up, if anyone’s interested. In the meantime, this old post has some of my beta characters. I was on PS3 at the time, so they’re just pics of the TV unfortunately. It doesn’t change how obnoxiously adorable Ria is, and since the beta it looks like freckles were added so if I make her instead of a random character, she’ll be even more adorable than in those pics.
It’s taken longer than I thought it would as of my last post, but I finally caught up on so much of my to-do list!
- Caught up completely on Flash, including the Supergirl crossover music episode!
- Finished the Collection Six of Fairy Tail! (And oh god, is Key to the Starry Sky horrible. O.O At least we’re finally getting to the final act of it, with the Reborn Oracion Seis finally revealed.
- Finished ALL BUT ONE dungeon in FFXV that I needed to do prior to restarting my streams.
- (Almost) done tinkering with OBS for PC streaming when I get ready to start Leliana’s Song and then later DA:O.
- (Also almost) done prepping mods on DA:O for when I get to that part of my Re-Everything.
New and continuing things to do:
- Pick up more of Stolen Throne.
- Start I Am Setsuna.
- Catch up on Voltron (halfway through S2?) and Clone Wars (2/3 way through S3).
- Start Collection 7 of Fairy Tail!
- FFXV Episode Gladiolus and the Chapter 13 update! I’ve been openly terrified of the Chapter 13 update, because I actually adored that sequence it as it was (even with the fact that the plot points revealed were more than slightly confusing). But there’s a trailer out for it (and for a bit of Gladio’s episode, and that’s put me very much at ease. I’m not entirely comfortable with it, and won’t be until I play it for myself, but I’m less nervous than I was before. Especially since it looks like it’s a semi-side entry, not a completely reworked, integrated change. I’m putting the video below, since video embeds inside lists don’t really work well; the vid itself has both Chapter 13 stuff and other March Update stuff. I personally don’t think it’s terribly spoilery, but YMMV.
Regardless of when I start streaming the rest of FFXV (chapter 9 through the end), I’ll be streaming Episode Gladio regardless. I don’t have a schedule for that, but it will be done.
So about a week back I posted at length about finally getting to play A King’s Tale, and how much fun it was. None of what I posted then is untrue, nor has my overall opinion of the game changed now that I’ve finished it.
But. This. Asshole.
This one right here.
I played A King’s Tale for about two hours today, and two thirds of that time was spent on this final battle against Ultros. I griped. I raged. I begged. He just wouldn’t die. Eventually, Brian overheard me yelling for chicken while trying to kill an Iron Giant and started to tease me in my stream’s chat, so I bullied him into helping me instead of cooking the actual chicken we’re having for dinner tonight. A few deaths later, and not even he could get it.
But the time that he played, while I was away from the controller, helped me. It wasn’t a zen… Good god, it was so far from a zen moment. I’m pretty sure I died a few more times after he handed the game back to me, but even then the game was different. Watching him didn’t really help, because he was going through all the same fails as I already had recognized myself. The frustration was gone, though, and that was enough.
And so, I killed that eight-legged little shit. Finally. If you wanna watch, you can always find the vid right here on Twitch or on YouTube.